Check out some of our most common Frequently Asked Questions before ordering. If you have any questions please reach out for support!
A gobo is a metal or glass piece that is designed to fit into a lighting fixutre or ‘gobo projector’. The term GOBO actually is shorthand for Go-Between. This comes from where the gobo actually goes…BETWEEN the lens and the bulb, right in the middle of the projector. Go, between. Gobo.
They come in all different sizes from several inches in diameter down to as small as several millimeters. Many of the ellipsoidal gobo lights take what is known as a ‘B size’ gobo. These are one of the largest sizes and hold the highest level of detail.
Many new projectors are taking smaller and smaller custom gobos. These are generally used in mobile lighting circumstances, for DJs, mobile lighting companies, traveling performances, etc.
Orders for steel gobos that are placed and receive proof approval by 3PM Eastern time M-F are typically produced and shipped same-day. Free standard shipping has an estimated delivery time of 7-10 business days, but expedited shipping is available.
Black and white glass and grayscale glass require 1 full business day for production.
Color glass gobos require 5 full business days for production.
1) To place an order, head to the home page (www.progobo.com)
2) Under “Order Now” in the navigational bar, select the product you wish to purchase (custom steel, custom BW glass, custom color glass, stock. etc.)
3) For steel, choose the template of the design you wish to order, or choose “Custom Steel Gobo (upload your own art).” For glass, choose which type of glass you would like and upload your vector artwork file.
4) Choose the size gobo you need — if you are unsure or the size needed is not listed, leave a comment on your order with either specs or fixture!
5) Register for an account, log in to your existing account, OR checkout as a guest
6) Enter billing/shipping info
7) Choose shipping speed — see our shipping policies in the FAQ (please be aware, glass options have a longer lead-time than metal!)
8) Proceed to payment via credit card–we CANNOT take a credit card over the phone and no longer accept PayPal
Preparing Your Artwork
We can accept artwork from nearly all sources. We strongly recommend sending EPS or Adobe Illustrator (AI) files. These formats retain artwork as line-art instead of pixel-based bitmap images like JPG, GIF or BMP. By using line-art instead of bitmap art, the shapes and text will remain extremely crisp with no pixilation when enlarged.
You can also send us photographic images such as jpeg and png files. Please supply the highest resolution available for your artwork unless you supply line-art files. The desired resolution is 1200 dpi but lower resolutions will also work. However, if the resolution of the image is too low (a logo from a website for example) then it may look pixilated and the image will have to be redrawn for an artwork fee.
The maximum resolution that we need is 1200 DPI with dimensions of 60mm x 60mm. You can also send a 72 DPI jpg with the dimensions of 1000mm x 1000mm.
Color Glass Gobos
Color glass gobos require scalable vector artwork files such as an eps, pdf, or zipped Illustrator file to ensure crispness of the design upon projection.
Color glass requires 5 full business days of production. Free standard shipping for glass gobos takes an additional 4 days for delivery.
For One Color, Two Color, and Three Color glass gobos, colors in the design must be switched out for the colors in our color chart. If your design must retain the original coloration, full color glass will be required (this will allow colors to be mixed together to create the colors in your design.)
The main difference between glass and metal gobos comes down to how the artwork is applied to the material.
For glass gobos, the design is etched with a laser onto thin glass plates. This allows for highly detailed, photo-realistic artwork in black & white, grayscale, or color.
Metal gobos are cut into a thin metal plate. Just like a stencil, metal requires tabbing or bridging. This means you will see a thin line of metal break up certain letters and designs in order for the design to hold together.
We have two options for sending in your own artwork:
1) You can use the handy artwork upload feature on the custom gobo product page. After you have pressed the “Add to Cart” button, a green rectangle will appear at the top of the page letting you know it has uploaded. Upon checkout, this will send the artwork directly to us securely. Please note, if you upload a file, you will not see confirmation until you hit “add to cart.”
2) If for some reason we have not received a file upon completing the checkout process, you will receive an email requesting you submit your artwork if you have not yet. You can simply reply to this email with the artwork file(s) and we will get started on your gobo.
- We ship via USPS and FedEx.
- ProGobo is not responsible for shipping delays or losses.
- ProGobo cannot be responsible for delays or prevention of shipping due to insufficient customer information, acts of God, riots, government strikes, fire, mudslides, earthquakes, hurricaines or shipping carrier delays of any kind. Custom Gobos are non-refundable and non-returnable. Customers are responsible for supplying correct sizing information, text spelling and artwork.
- All items are shipped F. O. B. which means ProGobo is not responsible for your shipment once it leaves our offices.
- Cancelled orders are subject to a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- We cannot provide any refunds in the result of a shipping error, or delivery delay caused by shipper (see F.O.B.).
- Customers assumes all responsibilty and risk for rush orders!
- In the case of shipping damage or loss, all claims should be made by the recipient with the carrier within three days.
- All pricing is shown in US Dollars USA.
- Shipping charges are paid by the buyer. Customers are responsible for all shipping charges, duties, customs charges or any other fees that may not be know at the time of shipment.
- ProGobo’s responsibility ends upon delivery of product to the carrier. In case of damage to your shipment, contact your carrier immediately in writing outlining loss and or damage.